Further upgrades and enhancements to Safe4 are being introduced, as version 4.6 of the secure document delivery and storage service is released. As well as a series of significant improvements to both security and performance, the new release also provides a comprehensive refresh to the user interface for most parts of the system.
The key changes relate to responsiveness when used on mobile devices. Safe4 already provides a means of uploading photographs from smartphones and tablets directly into folders in the system, and this has now been extended to support the upload of multiple photographs or videos in a single action.
Among the changes are:
- Completely rewritten upload and download routines, to make the system faster and more secure to use. The use of Flash in the multi-file upload process has been removed, resulting in a smoother and quicker user experience.
- Re-organisation of the provider administration functions, with better control of system configuration options.
- Re-scaled input screens for usernames, passwords and PINs, to make logging into the system from smartphones much easier.
- Changes to the way in which the Public Folder facility works, to allow more flexible movement of files within a vault, and to support access from WebDAV connections through Windows and iOS.
- A completely re-engineered development environment, to lay a flexible platform for some major functional enhancements planned for the first quarter of 2017.
This release of Safe4 underlines our commitment to offer the best possible service to our customers and their employees, clients, partners, suppliers and associates. The number of external threats to online security has never been greater, so the pressure to maintain a secure environment for confidential information is unrelenting. For more information on Safe4 and how it can make a difference to your business, please contact us.