More updates to the Safe4 Asset Register have been released today. These will add further functionality to the existing system, by making it simpler to manage certain types of information.
The enhancements in version 5.02 include:
- The ability to sort columns by clicking on the heading, into ascending or descending order
- Drop-down fields, with permission-controlled ability to define the pick-list
- A check-box field, so that specified actions such as approval or confirmation can be added with a single click
- The ability to define a regular expression for a field, combined with an error message of the user’s choosing. This will enable the data entered into specified fields to be controlled, for example to allow only eight numeric characters for bank account numbers
- Display of a history box alongside each record, showing all of the actions that have been carried out on that record, with user and date/time
- The ability to designate a field as containing a phone number, so that when used from a smartphone the number can be dialed with a single tap
- Selection of chosen records with a checkbox to permit emailing other users with questions or comments
- Selection of chosen records with a checkbox to permit multiple record deletion
- Option to “Open in Excel” on any page displaying a list of records
These changes will be followed by a series of other developments in the near future, in keeping with the continuous improvement policy of Safe4.
If you would like any more information on these changes, or how they can assist with the secure management of information for your business, please contact us.